Its been a hot minute since i posted on this blog… i have been posting sparingly on my youtube channel because so much is going on and its a struggle to keep my content going… but we are still here oh.
On my channel I have started a series where i review the experience of buying Nigerian style brand products online and I have one review for the5kshop (here) and one review for Shopmaju (see here). This post is a review for Inghi which is a Nigerian owned clothing brand I spent about N19,000 naira on recently. This was supposed to be a video but i have runny nose and catarrh which makes recording a video impossible… so i decided to write about it instead of leaving it till i get better
without further ado… this is the outfit i got from inighi.com
before you ask if this is the only outfit i got for 19k…. let me give you the back story (caution: this is a long read… scroll to the end for a summary)
so i saw this inighi culottes set on an instagram ad and decided to check out their web site since i am on a “buy nigerian clothes” campaign and since i like the culottes trend that is coming in fashion. It is a pretty neat website… simple and clean just the way i like it. I browsed through the different categories of clothes and found the culottes set i had seen on IG. I also saw a short set i liked and then went ahead to place the order for the 2 sets in my size 8… this amounted to N15,500, including delivery.
I got the order about 6 days later and to my dismay… they were both too small (oh the woes of online shopping.)
I had been informed during confirmation call that I couldn’t return things gotten on sale and i got the shorts set on sale so i couldn’t return that ( gave it out) but the culottes wasn’t bought on sale so i could exchange it (they don’t give money back). I went back to the site and filled out a return ticket and was informed via email that i could only return the item via god is good courier service and that i was responsible for the fee of sending it back. I found that slightly irritating but i choose to send it back (better than being stuck with something i didn’t want). The email they sent also informed me that I had 3 days to return it… which wasn’t possible for me since i couldn’t leave work to go and find GIGcourier so I called the customer care line on the site and asked if i could send it on a weekend instead. The lady on the phone informed me that i had to send an email to another person she referred to as “her” (by whom I assume she was referring to the owner of Inighi).
“Please send her an email” was the customer services exact words
Anyway… I finally sent the email to email@example.com and the “her” replied that I could send it back on a weekend so I did. After 4 days I sent a mail to confirm if they had received it… they had and I was asked to send a link to the outfit from their site that I wanted to exchange the culottes with. I got a measuring tape, measured my stats and used the size chart on their site to choose a new outfit. I chose an outfit which i was’t too thrilled about but had the same price as my previous purchase and sent to them and a ticket was raised which also informed me that i would pay another N1500 for delivery. At this point I thought to myself (and sent this thought to the customer service via email as well) that it was just painful to spend as much as i just did and still have to pay more. The “her” on the other end of the was very robotic, nonchalant and uncaring so i decided to pick something cheaper instead of spending an extra 1500 on the brand (tres Dramatic i know). I picked this parsley like print crop set which was on sale and still had a N450 balance to pay (which i had to live with paying).
I got the set about 4 days later, tried it on and sighed a sigh of relief as the zipper zipped to the end and the outfit fit. My long journey with this Inighi brand had finally ended!!!!
Here is a summary of my thoughts about the brand and some tips I would give based on this long journey i just narrated
- I like the final outfit I got. The fabric was nice and the tailoring was good
- The inigi.com website is beautifully done, the outfit pictures well taken, and payment was without issues.
- They have nice designs on their site but i would be careful and buy only ones with models because the structure of the outfit could be different when worn
- I saw a few other reviews on the site about pieces running small so please be aware of this while shopping. If you don’t have your stats i suggest you get it and look at the size chart on their pages before choosing your size
- Their return policy (if you are outside lagos) requires you to pay delivery to and fro for your returns… which is very painful.
- I think they need to improve their customer service a lot. The email replies I got just didnt seem to care and frankly if a brand doesn’t care about me i don’t care about the brand and i wouldn’t buy again. A good product with terrible customer service is like a fine girl with bad attitude. also there needs to be a sync between social media, phone and email handlers
out of 10 i’d give the brand a
5 for customer service…
8 for site design
7 for outfit designs
3 for returns
what are your thoughts? let me know in the comment section.